YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE e-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
Before you register for the e-Statement service, you must consent to receive certain notices and disclosures relating to your accounts electronically rather than in paper form. This means that your will no longer receive your disclosures in paper form through the mail.
Please read the terms of our e-Disclosure Agreement and be sure to keep a copy for your records.
After consenting to the terms of the e-Disclosure Agreement, you will be asked to review the e-Statement Agreement.
PURPOSE OF THE e-STATEMENT AGREEMENT
The purpose of this e-Statement Agreement is to obtain your consent to receive periodic account statements relating to your deposit accounts with American Bank in electronic form, rather than in paper form.
If you consent to these electronic deliveries, American Bank will make electronic bank statements (“e-Statements”) available to you electronically through AmericanBank Online (“Online Service”), instead of providing them to you in paper form. Whether or not you consent to this e-Statement Agreement, you will remain subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the AmericanBank Online & Mobile Consumer Access Agreement for consumer customers or the AmericanBank Online & Mobile Business Access Agreement for business customers.
American Bank is referred to in this Agreement as “we,” “our,” “us” or “Bank,” and individuals who maintain deposit accounts at the Bank and the Business Account Administrator for the business who maintains deposit accounts at the Bank are referred to in this e-Agreement as “you” and “your.”
CONSEQUENCES OF ENTERING INTO THIS e-STATEMENT AGREEMENT
By entering into this e-Statement Agreement:
- You are enrolling in the e-Statement service through the Online Service, and you are affirmatively consenting to receive your periodic account statements electronically.
- You are agreeing to discontinue the receipt of a monthly paper statement for all of your checking, savings or money market accounts referenced in the Online Service, for all accounts now and in the future. All accounts currently included on your paper account statement, including the deposit account you elect, will be included on your e-Statements.
- Business Account Administrators Only – You understand and agree that users you set up within the Online Service can be granted permission to the e-Statements feature for any account on your agreement by you or by any other user that has the ability to Manage users. If your business is enrolled in e-Statements, users with the e-Statement permission will have the ability to view, print, and save e-Statements. You also understand that if you are not enrolled in e-Statements, any user you grant e-Statement permissions can enroll the business in e-Statements. If you have your business accounts combined into one statement, a user with access to view the primary account will have access to view any account linked to that statement regardless if you have specifically granted them access to view that account e-Statement.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR USING e-STATEMENTS
To access and retain your e-Statements, you will need the following:
- Internet access and a valid email address;
- A browser that supports 128-bit encryption, Transport Layered Security (TLS) 1.1 or higher. For the best results, we recommend you utilize the most current version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge;
- Software that allows you to view PDF documents, such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, which is available for download free of charge at https://get.adobe.com/reader/. Please note that we are not responsible for the performance of any third party software or for any damage to your computer or other equipment caused by the installation of any third party software;
- Access to a printer or the ability to download information in order to keep copies of your e-Statements for your records.
ACCESS TO YOUR e-STATEMENTS
After you accept the e-Statement Agreement, you may access your e-Statements by clicking the "Statement & Doc" option in the menu after signing into the Online Service. For business users, in addition to the Account Administrator, users authorized granted e-Statement permissions will have access to view e-Statements for the accounts the user has access to view. If you have your business accounts combined into one statement, a user with access to view the primary account will have access to view any account linked to that statement.
In most instances, e-Statements will be available for your existing accounts upon enrollment in the e-Statement service. For new accounts, e-Statements will be available with your first statement generated after enrollment. Your normal statement cut-off date will not change when you elect to receive e-Statements. Your e-Statements will be available through the Online Service within several days after the cut-off date.
ONGOING AVAILABILITY OF YOUR e-STATEMENTS
Each e-Statement will be available for at least 2 years after the date it is posted on the Online Service. You may find it advisable to print or download e-Statements for permanent retention. For business accounts, any user with access to view e-Statements will also have access to print or save the e-Statements.
You may request a paper statement by contacting us as provided below (see “How to Contact Us”). A fee may apply for such request. Please refer to the “Other Fees & Charges Disclosure” for additional information.
HOW TO DISCONTINUE ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF e-STATEMENTS
At any time, you may revoke your consent to electronic delivery and instead receive statements in paper form. To revoke your consent, send us an email by clicking the ‘Email Us’ link located under ‘Need Help?’ at the bottom of each page on our website, send us a Secure Message through the ‘Secure Messages’ function after you sign on to the Online Service, change your delivery preferences from the ‘Statement & Doc’ page in the Online Service, or send a written letter stating that you wish to revoke your consent to receive e-Statements and wish to receive these materials in paper form. Be sure to include your name and the applicable account number(s). You may incur a charge for paper statement delivery. Refer to “Other Fees & Charges Disclosure” for your particular account.
If you revoke your consent to electronic delivery of disclosures, we may at our option elect to terminate your access to the e-Statement service.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY US REGARDING ERRORS, IRREGULARITIES OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS
You must promptly review your e-Statements and any accompanying items. Notify us immediately (see “How to Contact Us” below) of any suspected error, alteration or other irregularity (i) with your e-Statements; or (ii) with your account, including unauthorized access. Telephoning us immediately is the best way to keep your losses down.
Consumer customers only – You may need to notify us in writing to preserve your rights. For more detailed information about your rights and responsibilities in this context, refer to the Electronic Fund Transfers (Regulation E) Disclosure on your e-Statement.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR ELECTRONIC CONTACT INFORMATION
You must promptly notify us if there is a change in your email address or in other information needed to contact you electronically (see “How to Contact Us” below).
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you need to contact us in any of the circumstances described above, or for any other reason, you may contact us:
- by sending us an email through our website, AMBK.com; or
- by sending us a Secure Message from within the Online Service; or
- by telephone at 888.366.6622; or
- in writing by U.S. Mail to: American Bank, Attention: Customer Service, 4029 W. Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA 18104.
FEES FOR e-STATEMENTS
We do not currently charge fees for electronic delivery of e-Statements. We reserve the right to impose or change fees for electronic delivery and charge your deposit account for these fees at any time after providing such notice to you as may be required by law or regulation. Please refer to the “Other Fees & Charges Disclosure” for additional information.
AMENDMENT AND TERMINATION OF THE e-STATEMENT AGREEMENT BY AMERICAN BANK
We may amend or change the e-Statement Agreement at any time and will provide to you any notice or request for authorization required by law or regulation. If no notice or request for authorization is required by law or regulation, your continued acceptance of e-Statements after the effective date of such change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement with such amendment(s). The most current version of our e-Statement Agreement can be obtained by accessing the Disclosure link located on the bottom of each page on our website AMBK.com at any time.
We may terminate this Agreement, and immediately either refuse to provide, or revoke access to, e-Statements at any time with or without cause or prior notice. If we terminate your access to the Online Service you will no longer receive e-Statements. Neither termination nor discontinuation of your access to the Online Service shall affect your liability or obligation under this Agreement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We will use our best efforts to deliver your e-Statements in a timely manner and in accordance with any applicable time required by law. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to deliver your e-Statements because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- Our online banking system is not functioning properly, and you know or have been advised by us of the malfunction, or
- Your equipment or Internet access was not working properly, or
- Internet service is interrupted (e.g., due to traffic or other disruptions), or
- Circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines, interference from an outside force, legal restriction or delays in mail service) prevent proper delivery, and we have taken reasonable precautions within our control to avoid such circumstances.
To the extent permitted by applicable law or regulation, we hereby disclaim all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and in no event shall we be liable for any special indirect, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from the loss or use of data, whether or not advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
AGREEMENT REGARDING YOUR USE OF e-STATEMENTS
You agree not to alter or use the e-Statements for any unauthorized, fraudulent or other illegal purpose.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
You agree that the e-Statement Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with Pennsylvania Law, excluding its choice of law provisions. You further agree that all disputes arising out of or relating to the e-Statement Agreement or the provision of services by American Bank shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.