Purpose of the e-Disclosure Agreement
The purpose of this e-Disclosure Agreement is to obtain your consent to receive certain disclosures from American Bank relating to your deposit accounts in electronic form rather than in paper form.
If you consent to receive electronic delivery of such disclosures, American Bank will make electronic disclosures (“e-Disclosures”) available to you electronically on our website, AMBK.com, through AmericanBank Online (“Online Service”), or by email sent to you, instead of providing them to you in paper form. Whether or not you consent to this e-Disclosure Agreement, you will remain subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the AmericanBank Online & Mobile Consumer Access Agreement for consumer customers or the AmericanBank Online & Mobile Business Access Agreement for business customers.
American Bank is referred to in this Agreement as “we,” “our,” “us” or “Bank,” and individuals who maintain deposit accounts at the Bank and the Business Account Administrator for the business who maintains deposit accounts at the bank are referred to in this e-Disclosure Agreement as "you" and "your."
Consequences of Entering into This e-Disclosure Agreement
By entering into this e-Disclosure Agreement:
- You are agreeing to receive electronically any disclosures (including those that we are required to provide you under applicable federal and state laws) where electronic delivery is permitted now or in the future. The materials and information you consent to receive electronically includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- disclosures regarding your account that are required to be provided at the time of account opening;
- notices regarding changes to your account;
- amendments to any agreements and/or disclosures governing your account.
- You are agreeing to discontinue the receipt of paper disclosures for all your deposit accounts, now and in the future.
Technical Requirements for Using e-Disclosures
To access and retain your e-Disclosures, you will need the following:
- Internet access and a valid email address;
- A browser that supports 128-bit encryption, Transport Layered Security (TLS) 1.1 or higher. For the best results, we recommend you utilize the most current version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge;
- Software that allows you to view PDF documents, such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, which is available for download free of charge at https://get.adobe.com/reader/. Please note that we are not responsible for the performance of any third party software or for any damage to your computer or other equipment caused by the installation of any third party software;
- Access to a printer or the ability to download information in order to keep copies of your e-Disclosures for your records.
Delivery of e-Disclosures
We will make e-Disclosures and revised e-Disclosures available to you on AMBK.com, through the Online Service, or by email sent to you. For certain federally mandated disclosures or revised disclosures that are made available only through AMBK.com, we will send a notice through the Online Service or to your email when the disclosures are posted to the website. The notice will provide the address of the Internet website or other location where the disclosure or revised disclosure has been made available.
How to Discontinue Electronic Delivery of e-Disclosures
At any time, you may revoke your consent to electronic delivery of disclosures and instead elect to receive disclosures in paper form. To revoke your consent, send us an email by clicking the ‘Email Us’ link located under ‘Need Help?’ at the bottom of each page on our website or you can send us a Secure Message through the ‘Secure Messages’ function after you sign on to the Online Service, or a written letter, stating that you wish to revoke your consent to receive e-Disclosures and stating that you wish to receive these materials in paper form. Be sure to include your name and the applicable account number(s).
If you revoke your consent to electronic delivery of disclosures, we may at our option elect to terminate your access to and use of the e-Statement services.
Your Responsibility to Update Your Electronic Contact Information
You must promptly notify us if there is a change in your email address or in other information needed to contact you electronically (see “How to Contact Us” below).
How to Contact Us
If you need to contact us in any of the circumstances described above, or for any other reason, you may contact us:
- by sending us an email through our website, AMBK.com; or
- by sending us a Secure Message from within the Online Service; or
- by telephone at 888.366.6622; or
- in writing by U.S. Mail to: American Bank, Attention: Customer Service, 4029 W. Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA 18104.
Fees for e-Disclosures
We do not currently charge fees for electronic delivery of your disclosures. We reserve the right to impose or change fees for electronic delivery and charge your deposit account for these fees at any time after providing such notice to you as may be required by law or regulation.
Amendment and Termination of the e-Disclosure Agreement by American Bank
We may amend or change the e-Disclosure Agreement at any time and will provide to you any notice or request for authorization required by law or regulation. If no notice or request for authorization is required by law or regulation, your continued acceptance of e-Disclosures after the effective date of such change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement with such amendment(s).
We may terminate the e-Disclosure Agreement and immediately either refuse to provide, or revoke access to, e-Disclosures at any time with or without cause, or prior notice. If we terminate your access to the Online Service you will no longer receive e-Disclosures. Neither termination nor discontinuation of your access to the Online Service shall affect your liability or obligation under the e-Disclosure Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
We will use our best efforts to deliver your e-Disclosures in a timely manner and in accordance with any applicable time required by law. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to deliver your e-Disclosures because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- Our online banking system is not functioning properly, and you know or have been advised by us of the malfunction, or
- Your equipment or Internet access was not working properly, or
- Internet service is interrupted (e.g., due to traffic or other disruptions), or
- Circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines, interference from an outside force, legal restriction or delays in mail service) prevent proper delivery, and we have taken reasonable precautions within our control to avoid such circumstances.
To the extent permitted by applicable law or regulation, we hereby disclaim all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and in no event shall we be liable for any special indirect, incidental or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from the loss or use of data, whether or not advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Agreement Regarding Your Use of e-Disclosures
You agree not to alter or use the e-Disclosures for any unauthorized, fraudulent or other illegal purpose.
Choice of Law and Forum
You agree that the e-Disclosure Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with Pennsylvania Law, excluding its choice of law provisions. You further agree that all disputes arising out of or relating to the e-Disclosure Agreement or the provision of services by American Bank shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.