An Important Message from Our Chairman and CEO
In light of the recent events in the banking industry, we understand the importance of transparency and why now, more than ever, it is of utmost importance to emphasize to our customers and the community that American Bank is well-capitalized and financially stable, as evidenced by the following:
- We are very liquid with 20% of our total assets in an investment portfolio, 65% of which consists of short-term U.S. Treasury securities. None of our assets are tied to cryptocurrency or financial technology companies.
- The duration of our investment portfolio is extremely conservative at approximately one year.
- Based upon our current budget, we could sell our entire investment portfolio today and still be profitable at the end of the year.
- 2022 marked our sixth consecutive year of record earnings.
- We have a history of staying the course during difficult times in our industry as evidenced by the Great Recession of 2008 to 2013 when we had no non-performing loans.
To our valued customers: We are here and ready to assist you with any questions you may have. You can be assured that we are prepared to provide the information you need about your accounts, specifically as it relates to FDIC insurance. It is important to note that nobody has ever lost a dime of FDIC-insured deposits up to $250,000. We will be able to assist you so that your accounts remain safe and secure and here at American Bank, so we remain your banking partner for many years to come.
To our friends in the community: As a community bank, we take pride in building relationships and establishing long-term trust with our customers. If this is something that you are looking for in a bank, visit us and let us show you how we can help. Even if you aren’t in our backyard, our unique business model as a “nationwide community bank” allows us to provide you the personalized service you expect from a community bank along with the technology you need to manage your accounts. We’re here to help you!
Mark W. Jaindl
Chairman and CEO