Find a Surcharge-Free ATM
We don’t charge a fee for ATM usage, but you may be charged by the institution that owns the ATM. To help you further avoid ATM fees, we participate in the Allpoint & Accel surcharge-free networks. By becoming a part of these networks, we maintain our commitment to offering you additional resources to reduce your out-of-pocket ATM costs.
Please note that the ATM Locator is reliant upon the financial institution updating their listing with the surcharge-free network. The information provided in the locator is deemed to be reliable but is not guaranteed and is subject to change at any time.
As a proud member of the Allpoint Network, we can provide access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs at your favorite local retail locations including Target, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, Speedway, Wegmans and more! Get cash at the convenient location nearest to you as often as you like - it's all surcharge-free. It's also easy to find Allpoint ATMs by doing one of the following:
- Use the locator at AllpointNetwork.com
- Download the Allpoint App (Available for iPhone, Android and Windows devices)
- Visit Allpoint's Facebook page and use the locator
- Look for this logo on any ATM:
You can withdraw money surcharge-free from an ATM if the financial institution participates in the No SUR! surcharge-free program. No SUR! provides you with access to surcharge-free ATMs throughout the U.S. and Canada. Look for the No SUR! decal to make sure that the ATM location participates in the surcharge-free program. You can quickly and easily find Accel surcharge-free ATMs using the Accel ATM locator.
Here are other ways to minimize or avoid ATM surcharges:
- Withdraw more cash than you need and visit ATMs less often
- Ask to add an extra amount to your payment for cash back when you make a purchase via debit card or personal check at a grocery store. Merchants that accept debit cards for purchases (“point-of-sale” transactions) often will add a cash withdrawal to the purchase price without imposing a surcharge
- In addition to using your American VISA® Debit Card when traveling, you may also want to consider using travelers checks, personal checks, or cash a check at your hotel