Business Customer Security Email - May 2016
May 11, 2016
Dear Business Customer:
In today’s world, it is more important than ever to small business owners such as you to be vigilant in protecting their computer systems and data. Here are some tips to help you as a small business owner protect your company and your employees’ information from losses or other harm.
- Protect computers and Wi-Fi networks. Equip your computers with up-to-date anti-virus software and firewalls to block unwanted access. If you have Wi-Fi network for your workplace, make sure it is secure including having the router protected by a password that is set by you.
- Patch software in a timely manner. It is a good practice to download and install software updates as soon as they are available.
- Implement cybersecurity procedures and training for employees. Limit employee access to only the systems that they need for their jobs and restrict permission to install software. Train employees about cybersecurity issues such as suspicious or unsolicited emails and the dangers of malware.
- Require strong authentication. Ensure that employees and other users connecting to your network use strong User IDs and passwords for computers, mobile devices and online accounts.
- Back up important business systems and data. The frequency should be determined by how volatile the data is. The more frequent the data changes, the more often it should be backed up. For your backup data, remember to use the same security measures that you would apply to the original data.
- Be vigilant for early signs something is wrong. Monitor your bank accounts regularly to look for suspicious or unauthorized activity and report any issues to us immediately.
Also, it is important to remember that you should never send confidential information about your business through unsecured email to us or anyone else requesting that information. We will never call or send you emails asking you to provide, update, or verify personal or account information, such as passwords, social security numbers, PINs, debit or credit card numbers or other confidential information. If you receive any communication from someone posing as American Bank requesting something like this, please contact us at 888.366.6622 to confirm authenticity.
We hope that you find this information helpful. For more information about security and protecting your accounts, visit the Security section of our website, AMBK.com. If you have any questions about your accounts, please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Service team toll-free at 888.366.6622. It will be our pleasure to assist you!
Sr. Vice President, Chief Operating Officer